Aug 5, 2010

Where it all began, and where I'm headed

So the conception of this, I began document my journey started so many years ago.  Working on a mission to help those around me.  What I thought was going to be travelling on my first mission trip to Haiti in December 2010, has changed so much since our trip got cancelled after the earthquake.


With this news, I have agreed to continue what I have started.  Even if I can't go on a mission trip I can still do mission work, right from home! 


This blog will be my mission adventure, even if there is NO travel involved!


SO, here I am!  Making jewelry 'on a mission'!!!


I will continue to make and sell jewelry to provide for a 'better good'! I've been at our local farmers market for 4 weeks now and it is going amazing.  I have all remaining Saturday's booked until the end of October, come by and see me.  Click HERE, to see all the dates I will be at the market..  If you mention this post or my blog, I will give you a FREE pair of earrings with the purchase of any other item at my table!


So here's how it will work:


ALL jewelry made to raise money for RICE for Haiti, will remain being sold with profits going to buy RICE and help in Haiti.  This consists of most earrings and several bracelets.  I will continue to make earrings to raise money for Haiti.

Earrings     $2
Bracelets    $5







ALL necklaces made to raise money to provide INCOME for women in Kenya, will remain being sold with all sales being sent to the Kenny family for this project.  I will continue to make necklaces for Kenya, until my beads run out!

Solidarity Necklaces    $10



There are 5 colour pendant beads for the Kenya collection.

Tan (not shown)
Earth Brown (top left)
Light Green (top right)
Royal Blue (bottom left)
Light Blue (bottom right)


I will get some better photos of these necklaces as soon as I can, to better reflect the colours of these beautiful pendants!


MANY new pieces of jewelry will be sold to help support an international adoption.

Most necklaces    $10



Wire work rings     $5
Glass pendant rings (top right corner)     $10

There are SO many more designs of necklaces and these photos are not the 'best' as I had several requests to get them posted (so I did them quickly).  I will be working at taking some better pictures of many of the designs just as soon as I can.

So as you see, the beginning of this blog until now - my focus has changed slightly.  In the end, it's all to do a better good for the world in which we live.  So has it 'really' changed?

If you're interested in any of the designs, please email me at tara.morin473@gmail.com.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Only happy thoughts!