May 1, 2010

Progress

What's up these days? 

It feels horrible not visiting this blog so much and writing updates :(

I miss all the excitement I felt at the beginning when our trip first got booked.

Here are some updates:

  • I'm continuing to take Creole (official language in Haiti) lessons - in hopes that one day I will travel to Haiti and if anything else, to help our instructor out and to learn!
  • Roland & Bernice are (most likely) going for almost 2 months in September/October time frame, VERY excited for them!
  • We're preparing for a garage sale with LOTS of donated items to sell with ALL the proceeds going to New Missions - in Haiti to buy rice or help rebuild or help buy medical supplies.
  • We are continuing to make jewelry - earrings, bracelets and now necklaces to sell (and getting a few orders here and there)...all this money will continue to go to buy rice & beans through New Missions in Haiti
So you see...even though I am no longer going on my trip, I can still do lots to help out!  I love doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only happy thoughts!