Jan 26, 2010

Un'hired Help!

The jewelry making business is BOOMING.  Not only is the jewelry making project, the WHOLE project is booming!!!

I would have never thought that we would have sold (or have people willing to sell) so many pairs of earrings, for little ol' me!  To date, we've made just over 200 pars of earrings.  Out of 200 pairs, we've sold or have shipped to people in groups of 10, 15 or 20 pairs to sell, 172 pairs of earrings....WOW.

I am SO thankful for my friends who have pitched in and continue to pitch in to help, encourage, buy & dontate their hard earned money and time!!!  THANK YOU for making this project a booming success (so far, and we've only just begun)!!

First off, Dianne has helped in every way possible.  I can't even describe the gratitude I have for Dianne in my life! She has donated supplies, driven with me to get supplies, encouraged me, picked me up when I was down, and keeps offering her time to come back to help make more earrings with me twice (making close to 100+ pairs of earrings in total). 

Secondly, Brenda - an AMAZING woman with a huge heart!  She invited me into her home to make earrings with her girls TWO weekends in a row.  The first weekend we pumped out 67 pairs of earrings and now I'm going back this Saturday (that has left me scrabling to find enough supplies) to pump out I'm sure lots more than 67.





Thank you so much for those who have purchased earrings and those of you who have offered/agreed to sell earrings for my cause!  I am touched by your generosity of giving yourselves like this! 

And then there is one special friend (I won't name names, but if you read you KNOW who you are), who is gathering women from her church to sew sacs for our rice distribution.... WOW, absolutely AMAZING!!!  Thank you so much!!!

And then there is ANOTHER special friend (I won't name names, but if you read you KNOW who you are), not only did she buy some earrings - but she also donated $40 extra dollars for the rice and beans....WOW, absolutely AMAZING (again). 

I am completely speachless, thankful and utterly overwhelmed with all your generosity....THANK YOU doesn't even come close to describing the JOY and HAPPINESS my heart feels through all of this project.  THANK YOU!

Up to this point, I have been photographing and indexing ALL of the earrings. THIS takes double the time as it does to make the earrings and bag them....I just can't keep up.  For those of you who wish to buy online, I will keep 20-30 pairs posted on my facebook album but I have to just start pumping out earrings to get them distributed NOW while people are crying for them.

Once I get caught up on earring distribution........my next venture is beaded key chains (to get guys involved to purchase) and bracelets & necklaces (1st - because many have asked for it and 2nd - for those of you who can not wear earrings due to allergic reactions).

So I must get back the production lines to keep up with our demand....STAY TUNED and thanks again for the overwhelming support!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only happy thoughts!