Feb 20, 2010

Busy, busy, busy...

The same thing I wrote I my family blog, I'll write here too. 

Life has been really busy and I'm not liking it too much.  There is SO much I want to do for our trip to Haiti and there doesn't seem to be enough time right now.  I started working at the school in the Kindergarten class (30 hours a week) from Feb - June.  Though I love the kids (most of the days), I am SO tired out at the end of the day that I feel like doing nothing :( 

I'm thankful it's only until June because I couldn't handle much more of this.  Luckily, once June rolls around I'll be able to focus more of my energies on projects for Haiti.

Noah is getting really involved and he's excited to be starting his own project to raise money for our trip (whether it's for medical supplies or to bring an extra bag of donatables or for food).  He's really excited for this project, I hope he keeps his momentum on it.  If not, I'll take it over.  Not going to share what he project IS yet, until we have a bunch made but just know that I am SUPER  proud of my boy for the commitment and compassion he has for underprivlidged people of the world! 

March Break is coming up here in New Brunswick, Canada and we're getting ready to have some jewelry making fun in the basement of our church.  Between 12-15 women (bless them) are going to get together for 3-4 hrs one afternoon to help me make earrings.   If the plans come together, we'll be having a little supper after as well too!  I LOVE my church family and am so appreciative of their supportive on this project (among many other things)!  I'm hoping to have close to 500 pairs done and ready to ship by the end of March Break (along with some much needed R&R&R - that's rest, relaxation & reading)!!

Our earring project seems to have calmed down a little, so now we can reach out to all the people we intended to reach out to in the first place.  I even have a MLA (or shall I say he's in the running) that is a salesmen by profession that is on board in helping me sell the earrings.  He suggested I wait to give them to him until I have caught up - leaving me with the impression that he may be selling LOTS for us!!!

Got Pay Pal up and running (finally) after almost a month of it being DOWN.  It took too many conversations (6 conversations on phone with reps, telling them the SAME thing) and WAY too many emails (6 emails requesting info that I didn't have, 6 responses telling them that I didn't have the info they requested and the same response I gave them on the phone).  NOW, I'm a little 'gun shy' to set up a "PAY" button with pay pal in fear of being locked out of my account like this again.  I'll be looking into it today to see what I can do for ease of paying through pay pal!  Keep posted on what happens.

That's where we are today....keep spreading the word about earrings and now bracelets for sale!  To date we raised (or have shipped and waiting for sale money to be sent back) over $2000 by sale of earrings & bracelets!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only happy thoughts!