Feb 28, 2010

Shopping for supplies to make 'earring art'

It's so much fun to shop when you have money to buy what you are looking for, right?  Usually, I am not a big shopper for a 'woman' that is!  When I want something, I know what I am shopping for, I go out and look for this specific item. 

Well last night I had a blast and a half.  Not only did I get to go into Michael's (one of my favourite stores on earth, next to Walmart of course) - but I got to go buy tonnes of beads for our earring making session this coming Monday.  I had so much fun!  I knew that the beads I bought would be made into beautiful earring art, and each time someone purchased a pair of these we would feed 20 people.   This is just SO rewarding.

Though sales have slowed slightly, I know there is a big market out there that we haven't touched yet (due to not being able to keep up with the demand).   During this week, I am going to start pushing forward with this.

So Monday is our big day.  We have permission from our Pastor to use the church basement to get together with a bunch of women with one goal - make lots of earring art!!!  So far,  I have 10 confirmed women (and 4 or 5 unconfirmed).  In total, we could have up to 15 women all contributing to our cause! 

Keep posted, because I'll be posting photos of our 'rendez-vous' to make earring art on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only happy thoughts!